Indian Registry

Home / Indian Registry

Indian Registry Administration

The Indian Registry Administration is responsible for reporting, deaths, births, marriages, name changes and band transfers, posting band change reports and printing reports and filing.

Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada (AANDC) requires original documents to report events, such as a birth, death, marriage or divorce, name changes, band transfers, etc.

On June 15, 2005, Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada (AANDC) made changes to the issue of Certificate Indian Status (CIS) Cards.

Effective immediately the Indian Registry Policy on the issuance of status cards is as follows:

  • Must make every effort to get previous CIS card back.
  • Expired or damaged CIS cards must be returned, logged and reason for new CIS card.
  • Lost or Stolen CIS cards must be reported to the nearest RCMP and receive file number and must be included on the application form.
  • Lost or Stolen Declaration Forms must be signed and completed before new CIS card is issued.
  • Must provide the required identification – 2 pieces of I.D.
  • Blank CIS cards will not be sent through the mail for signature.
  • Must apply in person and provide all the necessary information.
  • Please call to make an appointment and bring your identification along with you.

The new enhanced secured CIS applications can be done at the Regional AANDC offices in Regina and Prince Albert.

You must have 3 valid identifications the most important one to have is your birth certificate and two other valid photo identifications.

  • original birth certificate
  • drivers license
  • valid CIS card (paper laminated)
  • valid passport


Remember to bring your valid identifications along with you if need to renew your paper laminated card and bring your expired card with you.

If you have any questions:
Please call Debbie Delorme/IRA
306-696-2520 or toll free number 1-888-772-7790


Requesting Treaty Annuity Payment by mail:

Treaty Annuity Payment Request by mail


Member Address Update Form:

Address Update Form