Cowessess First Nation-Human Resources
Po Box 100,
Cowessess, Sk. S0G 5L0
Human Resources will be accepting resumes on an ongoing basis for casual work to meet the needs and demands of the various departments. Please feel free to drop off your resume with HR
Keeping Our Children Home: To provide a supportive and nurturing environment by instilling a sense of belonging within the community with a cultural focus toward self-sufficiency and independence.
Cowessess First Nation is seeking a: Program Developer
The Program Developer is responsible for the coordination, development and implementation of the Cowessess First Nation: Keeping our Children Home initiative. This overall purpose of this position is to develop programs and services for Youth Transition Home which will be located on Cowessess FN. This is a Cowessess FN initiative in conjunction with Yorkton Tribal Council Child and Family Services. YTCCFS will fund the overall operations of the home. The individual will be responsible for remaining aligned with the strategy, commitments, policies and goals of the YTCCFS, Inc., while maintaining the vision for Cowessess First Nation’s Youth home. Reporting to the Prevention Services Manager (or his\her designate) for Yorkton Tribal Council Child and Family Services Inc.
The Program Developer’s primary responsibility is delivering the Keeping Our Children Home on limited time schedule, within budget and scope.
Work with established committee for site preparation, to define tasks, responsibilities and required resources;
Develop programs and services with a cultural focus and are family/youth centred
Work within a short time frame to ensure deadlines are met
Stay within established budget
Monitor and report on project progress, problems and solutions to various stakeholders
Evaluate and assess result of project
Programs and services required for June 1, 2019 youth admission
Cultural and Family/Centred focus Program Development
- Budget – operations
- Develop yearly in conjunction with YTCCFS and Cowessess Committee
- Program for youth
- Transitioning toward independency
- Training – staff: required
- Hiring – House Manager and staff
- Scheduling training dates
- Policies and procedures
- Case management
- Developing and purchase house furnishing
- Youth program
- Staff program
- Human Resources
- Quality assurance and file reviews
- Yearly inspections
- Education, Health, Justice
- Establishing and maintaining linkages with reserve and off reserve resources
COWESSESS FIRST NATION #73
Cowessess, SK S0G 5L0
Please submit letter of consideration, resume and references to the fax number or email address listed above by 3 p.m., Friday, December 14, 2018.
Educational Assistant (2 positions to fill)
Classification: Full Time – Term Position
The Educational Assistant is a support position under the daily supervision of the assigned Teacher, with overall accountability to the Principal. This position assists in the preparation, instruction, evaluation, supervision, and administration of the classroom.
- Must have a Grade 12 and/or experience working with children for all
- Preferred Educational Assistant Certificate or Early Childhood Education (Level I, 2 or 3).
- Must possess a valid class 5 Saskatchewan driver’s
- Special Education experience preferable.
- Must submit a CRC (Vulnerable Sector)
- CPR and First Aid
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to assist children individually to learn social skills;
- Ability to assist and encourage children to address intellectual, physical and behavioral difficulties that affect/hinder their ability to focus on school;
- Ability to work independently and work as part of a team;
- Excellent communication skills, patience, enthusiasm and
- Strong critical thinking, decision making and problem-solving
- Must be punctual, dependable, reliable, and ensure that confidential matters remain confidential.
- Continually engages in ongoing learning and development.
- Promotes the philosophy, goals and objectives of Cowessess Community Educational
FORWARD cover letter & resume with three (3) WRITTEN REFERENCES to the following:
Or mail to:
Cowessess First Nation #73
P.O. Box 100 Cowessess, SK S0G 5L0 Fax:(306)6962767
DEADLINE for resumes shall be NO LATER than 4:30 pm Thursday, December 27/18.