Cowessess First Nation-Human Recources
Po Box 100,
Cowessess, Sk. S0G 5L0
Daycare Educator (Infants)
CLASSIFICATION: FULL TIME
JOB SUMMARY: The Daycare Educator is under the direct supervision of the Daycare Coordinator and is accountable to the Director of Education. She/he will be responsible for all aspects related to the development of the children’s learning skills, hygiene, health, welfare, and safety. The Daycare Educator is also in charge of the planning and application of a well-balanced program of activities for the age group assigned to him/her.
• Must have a diploma or certificate in Early Childhood Education or is registered and attends courses in Early Childhood Education;
• Must be willing to take training and some travel to gain the minimum requirements to work in a child care center, such as, safe food handling, CPR/First Aid, Orientation to Daycare Training-at home study course.
• Must be willing to travel when required.
• Must submit Criminal Record Check (vulnerable sector) and Volunteer Drug screen.
• Assists with the preparation of activity programs based on the center’s philosophy and policies;
• Work as a team, strives to create a happy atmosphere of caring, growth, learning, stimulation, creativity and respect;
• Plan and organize daily activities designed to stimulate intellectual, physical and emotional growth of children. Encourages cooperation and participation;
• Maintains constant supervision of indoor and outdoor play periods.
• Assists children with their everyday needs, in the development of proper eating, resting and toilet habits;
• Helps the cook in the service of lunch and snacks; Follows good safety and hygiene practices;
• Performs all other related duties.
Salary and benefits will be commensurable with qualifications and experience.
FORWARD resumes with Three (3) Written REFERENCES to the following:
Human Resources Department
Cowessess First Nation #73
P.O. Box 100 Cowessess, SK S0G 5L0
Telephone: (306) 696-2520 Fax: (306) 696-2767
DEADLINE: Resumes shall be postmarked NO LATER than 4:30 pm October 19, 2018.