Cowessess First Nation-Human Recources
Po Box 100,
Cowessess, Sk. S0G 5L0
Term-20 weeks ($14.00/hour)
JOB SUMMARY: The Youth Intern position will provide general maintenance daily to band residences with overall accountability to the Housing and Infrastructure Portfolio Councillor. The Youth Intern will also coordinate service requests from the membership regarding general maintenance for all housing units, community buildings; and any other duties that may pertain in maintenance areas; Other duties will carry out inspections that require maintenance repair.
Under CMHC guidelines for this employment opportunity requires the applicant to be between the ages of 15 – 30 years of age.
- General experience in general maintenance is
- Applicant must be physically fit; and have the ability to work well with others and the general public:
- Must have the ability to effectively manage their time;
- Possess excellent organization skills, punctual and be dependable;
- Possess the necessary tools for the position;
- Criminal Record Check must be submitted;
- Valid driver’s license is needed for this
DEADLINE for applications shall be NOT LATER than: 4:30 p.m. November 14, 2017
Posted November 2, 2017.
Communications/ Records Management Coordinator
Permanent Full Time
JOB SUMMARY: The Communications/ Records Management Coordinato1· is a support position under the supervision of the Manager of Administration and Support Services. He or she will be responsible for the internal and external communications and carrying out the functions and maintaining the online content of the Cowessess First Nation website. Additional duties include central filing system of current and dormant files and index systems, including the subsidiary entities of the band. As well as maintaining a regular mail system, ordering and distribution of office supplies, maintaining an inventory of supplies and equipment as well as developing an information library utilizing past and present information.
- Possess a diploma/ or Certificate in a related discipline of Communications Management and Records Management from a recognized
- An Equivalent combination of education and experience may also be
- Must have the ability to make decisions relative to urgency and public
- Possess experience in developing and maintaining communications strategies and
- Possess experience in the internet, email systems and website
- Must be familiar with switchboard phone system, fax machine, photocopier and any other equipment necessary.
- Imperative that applicant has the ability to maintain the band administration filing
- Requires knowledge of public relations
- Ability to apply knowledge of Provincial and Federal government programs and
- Knowledge of the general Saskatchewan social environment as it may affect 01· influence Cowessess operations.
- Must have sound knowledge of how a First Nation administration is operated and
- Must possess the ability to take direction and work with minimum
- Must be well organized, punctual, dependable, reliable and ensure that confidential matters remain confidential.
- Must possess a reliable vehicle and a valid driver’s
- Must submit a current drug screen and criminal record check.
DEADLINE for resumes shall be NOT LATER than 4:30 p.m. November 17, 2017.
The successful candidate will be required to submit a current drug test.