Cowessess First Nation-Human Resources
Po Box 100,
Cowessess, Sk. S0G 5L0
Human Resources will be accepting resumes on an ongoing basis for casual work to meet the needs and demands of the various departments. Please feel free to drop off your resume with HR
Community Development Officer
Little Child Community Development Board Inc
Little Child Community Development Board is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic team player to deliver services as mandated by the Board
Position: Community Development Officer
Classification: Permanent Full-time
The Community Development Officer shall report to the Chairman with overall accountability to the Board of Directors of Little Child Community Development Board (the Board). This individual will be responsible for the coordination and management of the day-to-day operations of the Community Development Board. This would include the overall management of all bingo activities, report submissions, inventory management, scheduling of staff and volunteers. Without restricting the generality, the Community Development Officer shall be responsible for the following duties:
- Responsible for the planning, organizing, directing and evaluating of processes necessary to disburse funds allocated to the Little Child Community Development Board from all sources;
- Responsible for organizing and ensuring the efficient operation of weekly bingo activities and ensuring compliance with internal controls as per policy and procedures as established by the Board;
Qualifications & Knowledge:
- Diploma in Business Administration or a related field with at least two (2) years of relevant experience;
- Minimum two (2) years of office management and/or supervisory experience;
- Sound knowledge of computer operating systems and software programs;
- Knowledgeable in Financial reporting and ability to read and interpret Financial Statements for presentation to the Board;
- knowledge of Indian Gaming Regulators processes and reporting requirements would be a definite asset;
- Experience with cash controls, cash operations and loss prevention would be a definite asset;
- Strong organizational skills with excellent time management practices;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong communication skills in both written and oral formats;
- Possess a valid Drivers’ license and reliable transportation;
- Provide three (3) written references along with current criminal records check;
Please submit applications by January 28, 2019 @ 4:00 pm
Little Child Community Development Board
PO Box 100
COWESSESS, SK S0G 5L0
Fax: 306.696.2767 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mark documents “Personal & Confidential”
Early Childhood Educator
CLASSIFICATION: FULL TIME
The Daycare Educator is under the direct supervision of the Daycare Coordinator and is accountable to the Director of Education. She/he will be responsible for all aspects related to the development of the children’s learning skills, hygiene, health, welfare, and safety. The Daycare Educator is also in charge of the planning and application of a well-balanced program of activities for the age group assigned to him/her.
- Must have a diploma or certificate in Early Childhood Education or is registered and attends courses in Early Childhood Education;
- Must be willing to take training and some travel to gain the minimum requirements to work in a child care center, such as, safe food handling, CPR/First Aid, Orientation to Daycare Training-at home study course.
- Must be willing to travel when required.
- Must submit Criminal Record Check (vulnerable sector) and Volunteer Drug screen.
- Assists with the preparation of activity programs based on the center’s philosophy and policies;
- Work as a team, strives to create a happy atmosphere of caring, growth, learning, stimulation, creativity and respect;
- Plan and organize daily activities designed to stimulate intellectual, physical and emotional growth of children. Encourages cooperation and participation;
- Maintains constant supervision of indoor and outdoor play periods.
- Assists children with their everyday needs, in the development of proper eating, resting and toilet habits;
- Helps the cook in the service of lunch and snacks; Follows good safety and hygiene practices;
- Performs all other related duties.
Salary and benefits will be commensurable with qualifications and experience.
FORWARD resumes with Three (3) Written REFERENCES to the following:
Human Resource Department
Cowessess First Nation #73
P.O. Box 100 Cowessess, SK S0G 5L0
Telephone: (306) 696-2520 Fax: (306) 696-2767
DEADLINE: Resumes shall be postmarked NO LATER than 4:30 pm January 30, 2019.
Educational Assistant (2 positions)
Classification: Full Time – Term Position
The Educational Assistant is a support position under the daily supervision of the assigned Teacher, with overall accountability to the Principal. This position assists in the preparation, instruction, evaluation, supervision, and administration of the classroom.
- Must have a Grade 12 and/or experience working with children for all
- Preferred Educational Assistant Certificate or Early Childhood Education (Level I, 2 or 3).
- Must possess a valid class 5 Saskatchewan driver’s
- Special Education experience preferable.
- Must submit a CRC (Vulnerable Sector)
- CPR and First Aid
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to assist children individually to learn social skills;
- Ability to assist and encourage children to address intellectual, physical and behavioral difficulties that affect/hinder their ability to focus on school;
- Ability to work independently and work as part of a team;
- Excellent communication skills, patience, enthusiasm and
- Strong critical thinking, decision making and problem-solving
- Must be punctual, dependable, reliable, and ensure that confidential matters remain confidential.
- Continually engages in ongoing learning and development.
- Promotes the philosophy, goals and objectives of Cowessess Community Educational
FORWARD cover letter & resume with three (3) WRITTEN REFERENCES to the following:
Or mail to:
Cowessess First Nation #73
P.O. Box 100 Cowessess, SK S0G 5L0 Fax:(306)6962767
DEADLINE for resumes shall be NO LATER than 4:30 pm Friday, February 1, 2019.
Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.