January 3rd, 2018
Hello Cowessess Citizens Near and Far,
The Labour Force Development, Social Assistance and Economic Development departments have come together with the goal of creating a Community Skills Inventory. A Community Skills Inventory is needed to help increase participation in our training programs as well as link citizens with employment opportunities. Through some recent government projects there has been a push for Aboriginal Engagement, specific to Aboriginal Man Hours and contract dollars spent with Aboriginal Supplier. To help prepare each of you and our community for industry opportunities in the future, Cowessess First Nation has joined the EXPORT database.
What is EXPORT? A Skills Inventory and Vendor registration database that has been developed by the Saskatchewan First Nations Natural Resource Centre of Excellence and is funded through Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada. Its free to use for First Nation communities and individuals. Cowessess First Nation has a goal of creating our own community skills inventory by using the EXPORT database as the backbone.
It will be most beneficial to Cowessess and all of you as individuals to take the time to help us build the database by creating a profile of your own. The following is some basic information on the program:
- If your currently employed – please fill out a profile
- If your currently unemployed – please fill out a profile
- If you own your own business – please fill our a business profile
- If your on Social Assistance – please fill out a profile
- If you live on reserve, off reserve, in another city or province – please fill out a profile
- All data will be the property of Cowessess First Nation once compiled
- Once you complete a profile, it will automatically populate a resume for you that can be used for any purpose
- You will have access to training opportunities and job postings through EXPORT
Our GOAL is for all able bodied individuals between the ages of 18 and 60 to complete a profile in the system. This information will help you as an individual find employment and training and this information will help us as a community bring opportunities to our citizens through our industry partnerships.
If you need assistance filling out your form or need a computer to complete your profile please contact any of the following departments for assistance:
- Labour Force Development – Barry Sparvier – 306-696-3418 or email@example.com
- Social Assistance – Shelley Lerat – 306-696-2263 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Urban Services – Jodie Delorme – 306-522-5558 or email@example.com
- Economic Development – Jessica Nixon – 306-522-5558 or firstname.lastname@example.org