“Education is our Buffalo” – Cowessess First Nation supports students that are pursuing careers that will enable them to compete in the work force and be role models for other students. The majority of jobs require credentials that must be earned past Grade twelve, job opportunities are significantly increased with successful First Nation Post Secondary training.
Students are encouraged to earn careers that will provide meaningful employment. The school year has supported students to enhance their education at institutions such as First Nations University of Canada and the University of Regina and Saskatchewan.
Winter Semester ( January to April)
Last business day in October
Spring/Summer ( May to August)
Last business day in February
Fall Semester (September to December)
Last business day in June
Information regarding the Post Secondary Support Program can be found in the Post Secondary Support Program Policy.
When Considering which Post Secondary Institution to attend, these points from the PSSP Policy are important:
- The institute must be accredited
- The program must be a minimum of 26 weeks
- Living allowance is available to Full-time students in a traditional program of study
- Part time students are eligible for books and tuition
- Tuitions are subject to a maximum of $6,500.00 Canadian funds, over a one year period
- Book and supplies are allowable to a maximum of $2,000.00
New or returning students will also be required to submit:
- Letter of Acceptance to Institution
- Verification of Status (Photocopy of both sides of Status Card)
- Verification of Dependants (CCTB notice in student’s name)
- Copy of Transcript (for returning student)
- Direct Deposit for your banking institution (All distributions are by Direct Deposit)
All 3 pages of the application is required when reapplying for each semester.
Post Secondary Support Program
P.O Box 40, Cowessess, Sask
Business: (306) 696-3418
Fax: (306) 696-2739
Toll Free: 1-866-470-3418
If you have any questions, please contact:
- Ashley Delorme, Education/Post Secondary Coordinator
- Kelsey Tanner, Administrative Assistant